Problem : Configuring allure reports is quite straight forward, but getting historical trends in the reports is not 😔.
Getting historical test results in the report is quintessential to know the health of the system under tests over a period of time. Without it, we won’t be able to gaze whether a test failing today is due to recent code changes or was failing since last week.
Steps to configure Allure Reports with java project :
- Open the source code in your choice of IDE.
- Add the following lines in pom.xml file.
NOTE : aspectjweaver is required to be added in pom.xml file in order to show @Steps and @Attachments in the allure report.
3. Execute the test cases from the terminal / TestNG.xml file.
4. Perform the below mentioned commands only for the 1 time setup :
allure generate allure-results
Copy the history folder from your previous allure-report folder to your current allure-results folder
allure serve allure-results
5. Now again execute the test cases.
Then run the following command in order to view the allure report in your local browser.
allure serve allure-results.